Saturday, January 10, 2009

love continued...



An excerpt from Joseph Campbell's 'The Power Of Myth' with Bill Moyers.



MOYERS: So joy and pain are in love



CAMPBELL: Yes, Love is the burning point of life, and since all life is sorrowful, so is love. The stronger the love, the more the pain.



MOYERS: But love bears all things.



CAMPBELL: Love itself is a pain, you might say--the pain of being truly alive.







*very true...and with that, even far truer: Love is not an emotion it is our very nature." A favorite quote by Ravi Shankar

3 comments:

steveroni said...

Yes, I do believe that about love...it is our very nature.

Of course, I carry it farther along, like...God IS love. God Is in each of us human.

For me, there is no other way to explain it...we are all one, in the final analysis, joined by our nature--LOVE.

(Maybe I've gone too far? Oh, well, I'll stand by what I wrote...and MORE! -grin.)
Steve E.

A'Jay said...

Beautiful quote and I love the pic you put with it....

Karen said...

I've been reflecting today -- my 36th wedding anniversary -- about the nature of love in all its changing forms. Thanks for letting me peek in here and share these thoughts and pictures.