Wednesday, November 19, 2008

dark night of the soul







Tears embedded upon my desecrated soul

Tortured and constricted,

Whilst stripping away ALL past pleasures,

Leaving nothing but remnants of a ravaging pain.



Embittered memories

Silent resentments



Sharply-madness takes hold!



Given to obsessive thoughts

Melancholy usurping gladness.



Shadows blacker than black

Movement? –Can’t you feel this vacuum?

Waves, the blackened tide

Strangling my senses, suffocating,

Blindingly leading me into this void

Dejected, drowning, catapulted backwards

Swallowed whole, with no escape.



This is my dark night of the soul.



~ Calli ©2008

4 comments:

Tracey-Ann said...

Calli - You have amazing talent in expressing yourself, whether it be in painting or writing. I was very moved by how you captured this feeling into words. I have felt this way.

Calli said...

I am nearly speechless, Tracey. That is high praise coming from one of my most talented friends.
Your praise is deeply felt and appreciated!

Cynthia said...

Powerful, at times the darkness
is a seductive siren, so hard
to extricate oneself from her
melancholy hands clasped around
our minds.

Calli said...

That is the truth, Cynthia, darkness is a seductive siren. Well said! And, thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to comment. Hope to see you visit again soon.