Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I am bound...






I am bound to my lover's touch
his touch, feather light 

and yet 
so deep



time has passed
yet I am still bound
though he is no longer here
 no longer near

I carry him with me
day and night...
night and day...

there is pain in his absence

oh my love!



It pains me to live without
his touch
and I linger here in memories
of what it felt to live in his embrace

I carry my love
as the seasons pass
their glory only serves to remind and heighten
what was...

A little space in time
a fleeting moment
a love ~ beautiful

yet a love not meant to last

 I am bound to my lover's touch...






©
2009

image source: don__t_believe_in_love_by_drshVS





7 comments:

Caio Fernandes said...

it is sad to live without ... i stil didn't learn how .
and can't write you anything better . just that you wrote precisely .

Dulce said...

So very bound indeed.

Especially if you happen to be in love with love.

Lovely Love Poem.

Hugs sweet Calli

Chuck Dilmore said...

reach...
you've got long arms!
and you deserve him, his touch.

maybe you are closer than you know.
i think yes~
Chuck

Steve E said...

To live without some kind of love from somewhere--is like a real alcoholic holding onto his bottle, which has long been emptied.

What a horrible moment in time.
And love IS everywhere, almost like--all we must do is Go and Collect i

Love and Peace, Callit.

Shadow said...

so poignant... but at least we are left with the memories, which can never be taken away...

SarahA said...

I am liking muchly, how you have opened and closed her with the same line 'I am bound to my lover's touch' A line that resonant within after your words written are read.

Cynthia said...

Calli, your poem is full of longing
and love. As always that special
vulnerability is threaded through
each word. Beautiful.