Saturday, May 30, 2009

'Mona' new painting in progress...


Not quite knowing where to go with her...

Elongated neck? Not yet sure what was wrong, but knew something was...
18" x 24" ~ Oil on Canvas

Decided to keep her elongated neck and to show off her broad shoulders...

Close up ...
This is 'Mona' as named by my daughter, Alexandra.
She thought she looked like Mona Lisa in the original sketch, so I decided to
keep the name for her. She's not quite finished...but she's getting there...

~Calli

*remember ~ click any image to enlarge. don't be frightened, I'm not! ...

5 comments:

steveroni said...

Calli, to me she bears a resemblance to the Girl In Red. Any relation?

And, OMG, your self-portrait! Whatever I can say, I'd better not say it. Nothing bad or tasteless--just that you are so beautiful, Calli. I don't recall a time when I've used the word--to describe myself while observing a work of art--the word: BREATHLESS!

PEACE! Enjoy your work--I do. (Enjoy your work--and mine also!)

Deepa Gopal said...

Lovely work in progress!
Will wait to see the end result!

Happy Days:)

Catherine Vibert said...

I love the shoulders and the elongated neck, so delicious. She is, so beautiful...

Just another concerned patriotic American said...

Calli,

This is lovely! :)

Chuck Dilmore said...

she's beautiful!
born of your hand, brush.

nice, nice going, Calli!