Tuesday, May 5, 2009

third eye blind...





the minds eye can hold a prison

within, it's empty cavity

devoid of matter

recklessness ensues



inside; third eye blind

unaware

unseeing

untestified

lost in quiet desperation



seeds of hope planted...



though dark it remains

caught between reality and imagined darkness?



one can see

smell

taste

and

touch

though what lies deep, is still yet caged

crying for release

endlessly longing

looking for an out



a final release from this



abyss



© Calli 2009



image source: image

4 comments:

Steve E. said...

Calli, you made ME smile, reading 'a release finally from
this
Abyss...'

Holy Moly, Captain Marvel!

But I've gotta tell ya, it took me a few minutes of fantasy before I got to the poem. I won't tell ya why, but ya got one guess!

Thank you, friend! I'm glad I 'know' you.

SarahA said...

The old age questions, see-sawing. Your words written say exactly what I think/feel. How I see/feel your words written.
Lovely, you.

Shadow said...

this is understand...

Cori Lynn Berg said...

I just love opening up my "blogger box" to find a new piece by you. This one is different and I like it! Our mind holds it's own kind of prison, doesn't it? Hope you have a day of free thoughts and working hands...