Saturday, July 4, 2009

Calli's Song...



Calli's Song



The mystic sits midst candles in silence in her room

A soft gentle light for that kind and gentle face.

She pushes back the long tresses of her hair, presses her fingers to her temple

Closes her eyes and looks inside.



She walks barefoot through an ancient forest,

Of oak and ash and tangled fern.

It is dank and dark,

The trees drip with water, staining the green velvet of her dress

She laughs softly to herself,

Passing swiftly on.



She jumps across a fast-flowing stream and enters her favourite glade

Where sunlight dances through the trees

Swirling brightness crossed with shade

She sits beneath a gnarled old oak,

Feeling its silent wisdom and its strength

She smiles and settles, opens her book.



The mystic sits midst candles in silence in her room

A soft gentle light for that kind and gentle face.

She pushes back the long tresses of her hair, presses her fingers to her temple

Closes her clear grey eyes and looks inside.



She walks along an ancient road, in an ancient, troubled land

And strangers stop and stare at her

A woman alone on such a path.

But she smiles and laughs and carries on.

No one knows what age she is

Where she has been or where she goes

Yet they all can sense her power, beauty and her grace.



I met her once many years ago and though she barely spoke

It made me feel filled with joy, with laughter and with hope

And when she'd rested by the road she smiled and bade farewell

She did not look back, her grey eyes fixed on other things

Further down the road





The mystic sits midst candles in silence in her room

A soft gentle light for that kind and gentle face.

She pushes back the long tresses of her hair, presses her fingers to her temple

Closes her eyes and looks inside.





*This beautiful poem, or rather song was written for me by a friend, Conn Brennan. Who hails from Ireland, the home of Green!

What he has written for me is a song, a song of my soul.



Go raibh mile maith agat!



Though this post has nothing to do with the 4th of July, it does have to do

with friendship, kinship, learning and getting to know someone enough

to have meaningful conversations, sharing a bond, coming away with a soulful

understanding of another. What amazes me is that Conn wrote this knowing very little about me, but it moved me very much. In fact, I had it posted on my SU blog

with another image, the painting titled: Beata Beatrix by Dante Gabriel Rossetti, which can be viewed here: Beata Beatrix which, Conn and I both agreed fit the poem completely. Though I have since changed to this image. Yet, for months now I have wanted to paint 'The Mystic' or rather, 'Calli's Song' myself, but have been painting other things at present. One day, I hope to post this again with a painting done by me.



magical blessings to all of you, sweet gems!

~Calli



image source: GREEN_klaraslipknot



10 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hello Calli, what a beautiful poem
indeed! I feel Conn had totally
captured your ethereal, free-spirited fairy essence.

Steve E. said...

Calli, you just keep getting better, 'more' mature.

Sometimes I just cannot hold somethings in my head: tonight I'll put up a blog which has a "trivia" section, as usual...which will quote Picasso tonite.

PICASSO defined art as "a lie that let's us see the truth."

It just seemed SO appropriate to preview this on you blog about ten hours early. OK? Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, though.

Mr Conn must be a very special peep, to be able to put "you" into those words. I'd enjoy to meet him--and you
...this line says "YOU" to me:

"She did not look back,
her grey eyes fixed
on other things
Further down the road....

I SWEAR that's you, Babe!
Peace
S

wylde otse said...

so beautiful - felt the sting of tears...

Laura said...

Hi Calli,
Happy Fourth of July! I think I met her too... in that glade and swans flew overhead as they were quietly contemplating the moment. That fits you to a t...Blessings to you my friend!

laughingwolf said...

what are the chances of hearing it sung... by conn?

Chuck Dilmore said...

absolutely.
beautiful.

Calli said...

These are all amazing comments! You are all GEMS! This song or poem had such great impact on me, still does. He captured my essence from somewhere, deep within.

It evokes the 'sting of tears' each & every time I sing it.

(Conn, is currently unavailable for gigs on our shore - he lives across the pond! ;)

many thanks & lots of love~
Calli

Kuan Gung said...

Wow this is incredible...what images...what power...incredible...

Shadow said...

that's an amazing poem

Kathy Ostman-Magnusen & Dennis Magnusen said...

Lovely blob Calli, I added myself as a follower. Your poems are very considerate of the souls path... beautiful.

~Kathy