Tuesday, July 14, 2009

fool me once...

fool me once... ~ close~up

fool me once...

my latest~ i am finding myself drawn to this very limited palette, time after time. i find a rawness to these colours. perhaps, if pain had a colour, it would include these...this also seems to be the palette of my original colour scheme for both of my blogs yet (combined). i am 3/4 of the way through yet another painting with this very same palette.

i have always felt one day i would find my niche' or my style with regard to my work. i think i am finally finding my way there, little by little, step by step...

© 2009

3 comments:

Cherie/ Butterfly Dreamer said...

wow lady I love your art . It evokes many emotions in me.

wylde otse said...

(yeah, the magic works in me too.)

What struck me with your work is that it made me aware that however I reflect on a piece of art, it is a reflection, to some degree, of some part of myself.

This leaves me wondering at the relationship between beauty and love. They are obviously different words...

ok...thinking - beauty is visual - such as a landscape: revealing or displaying elements such as composition, balance, and form (even a face, may be striking in generally-accepted beauty, but cold emotionally).

Not quite sure where love (as an emotion) comes from, but it can color what I see, but how this can be evoked visually is more of a mystery (for me) than say...by music.

Shadow said...

it's beautiful. i really really like this!