Monday, July 20, 2009

the stages of mia...









mia 11 x 14 acrylic on canvas

the stages of mia: rough sketch, the eyes changing and changing and changing yet again...

we spend our lives evolving, whether or not we are aware of it.
the degree to which we evolve can be minuscule in some, and deeply profound
in others. these paintings symbolize that process.
they are a metaphor for my life.
a tweak here a tweak there to get me to where i want to be at any given moment, though we continue on. we change, we grow. i have always stated in my artist's statement that my work is in a constant state of evolution, tis true as am i, and i wouldn't have it any other way.
© 2009

an empowering quote from my home page on my art web site:

"Woman is born to create... in creating she becomes herself, accomplishes her destiny.
Her whole life is only an initiation into creative power. To create is not merely to produce a work...
it is to give of ones own individuality."

~ Jeanne de Vietinghoff

3 comments:

steveroni said...

Calli...you give from out of yourself so beautifully--it is heartwarming. You call attention to Mia's eye evolution. I noticed first her mouth area and her lips, and I love the latest "lip" pose.

From the beginning picture "I am an angel" to the last one, "Been there, done that, and that's THAT"...your is a real gift for us to see creation
in the happening.

Just as your creation changes daily
my perspective reserves the right to also change...right?

wylde otse said...

I don't usually agree with every guy...but, Steve E, as one of your fan club, is pretty aware...

I can add maybe, that Mia is indispensible to my soul.

wylde otse said...

love this one. (back again :o)