Friday, July 24, 2009

love and the grey side of ...2 for 1


fragments of future
legions of past

our story has not yet been told
or perhaps, it’s been told a thousand times?

in ancient civilizations
in different realms

across a roman landscape
or within a highland song

on the island of crete
or in mesopotamian times
through legends of gods and goddesses
or amidst drawings hidden in grecian urns

through unknown portals
gateways
and galaxies divine

among ancient ruins
or within the egyptian pyramids
in shallow graves made of masonry stone

whispered on the winds
or upon humanity’s collective breath

or traveled the constellations one by one
or adrift among the clouds

in lakes, streams
and rivers
or in sand grains scattered about the sahara and mohave
through the red rocks
of the western territories

via the trans siberian railway

over the swiss alps
within the fruit of the world’s grape vines

perhaps our likeness has been painted
by the great painters of past
or written by shakespeare himself

perhaps it is just you and me
this here
this now
and this is our story.





A vast greyness is all that can be seen
The slightest sheen remains
Though thread bare with tiny tears and wear

To go from love to bliss
To sadness back to love
To bliss
Back to sadness
Then to loneliness

To go from feeling loved
cherished and understood

To feeling unloved
Uncherished, misunderstood

To go from desire
To despair

To go from near perfection
To near ugliness

To go from an attentive heart
To a heart that has somehow forgotten

To go from feeling a princess
a beauty
To orphan annie

To go from a quickened pulse
To no discernable pulse at all

To go from open loving
all-knowing conversation
To riddles and rhymes
Speaking in tongues
Secret codes, foreign languages foreign to us
Unknowable meanings hidden

To go from…

To go to…

© 2009


image source: love-008
image source: lovers_by_spokojnysen

6 comments:

Chuck Dilmore said...

Calli,
is your pen on fire
as your brush has been?

wow - great writing!

of the content,
a part of me wants to
reassure, but let me just say
that you're writing and depth are excellent!

what are we without some
i n t r o s p e c t i o n !

peace~

Laura said...

oh...my SOS..we dream the very same dreams...share the same fears...this I do know...and you give them such a beautiful vessel to travel...what a pleasure to read and hear.
Love and light,
Laura

Cynthia said...

Calli your words here in this poem
remind me of a tempermental romance, I'm trying to extract
[for lack of better term] myself
from at this time. I think.

SarahA said...

I love reading and actually being able to feel such within me, through the words written. As I have with yours.

spottedwolf said...

"to go from ..... to go to"


endlessness.....

Kathy Ostman-Magnusen & Dennis Magnusen said...

Calli~U have sooo much in your soul to have produced this blog... I am touched by it. I think it would help you to begin sculpture... I think you would love that once you got into it. We are friend on Twitter right? Connect w/me there and I will give you my email and walk you through the steps... if you want of course. I just think it would open some doors for you artistically that would cause you to fly. Blessings, Kathy

me on Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/kathysart